Friday, February 19 2026 -The Director of Defence Information, Maj. Gen. Samaila Uba, who disclosed this in a statement on Thursday, February 19, 2026 said the graduation was disclosed at a high-level stakeholders’ meeting convened by Defence Headquarters at the Nigerian Army Resource Centre to finalise modalities for transferring rehabilitated clients to national and state authorities for reintegration.
The Coordinator of Operation
Safe Corridor, Brig. Gen. Y. Ali said the 117 graduates completed the DRR
process at Mallam Sidi Camp in Borno State.
He described the development as
a reflection of improved coordination between federal and state authorities on
reception, monitoring and community reintegration.
“Providing operational updates,
the Coordinator disclosed that 117 clients from Borno State have successfully
completed the DRR process at Mallam Sidi Camp, reflecting strengthened
federal–state harmonisation in reception, monitoring and community reintegration,"
the statement read.
He also highlighted the
expansion of OPSC to the North West, where a DRR camp established in February
last year marked a significant stabilisation milestone.
Ongoing engagements with Zamfara
State aim to recalibrate the facility toward a comprehensive Victim Healing,
Rehabilitation and Reintegration framework, integrating psychosocial recovery,
community reconciliation, livelihood support and structured monitoring.
In the North Central region, Ali
disclosed that Benue State had formally requested the establishment of a DRR
camp.
He added that Defence
Headquarters had assessed proposed sites and advised alignment with national
infrastructure, security and sustainability standards before approval.
Participants at the meeting
included representatives of federal ministries, the Office of the National
Security Adviser, state governments, and neighbouring countries—Burkina Faso,
Chad, Niger and Cameroon—as well as international partners such as the International
Committee of the Red Cross and the International Organization for Migration,
alongside Norway, the United Kingdom, the European Union and the Foreign,
Commonwealth and Development Office.
Delivering the keynote address,
the Chief of Defence Staff and Chairman of the OPSC National Steering
Committee, Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, represented by the Chief of Defence
Operations, Maj. Gen. Jamal Abdusalam said Operation Safe Corridor remained a
key component of Nigeria’s security architecture.
He noted that while kinetic
operations created space for stability, structured rehabilitation and
reintegration were essential to sustain security gains and prevent a return to
violence.
Nigeria’s counter-insurgency
strategy combines military operations with the rehabilitation of surrendered
fighters through Operation Safe Corridor, launched in 2016 to support
disarmament, deradicalisation and reintegration.

0 Comments