
Sunday, August 23, 2026 - Three kidnapped victims have regained their freedom after security operatives dislodged a suspected bandits’ hideout in Makarfi Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
The victims were rescued on Thursday following operation
around Gidan Mijin Gwaggo, Durum, according to a statement Police Public
Relations Officer in the state, Mansir Hassan.
The rescued victims were identified as Alhaji Hamza Gimi and
two others.
Hassan, in the statement made available to our correspondent
on Saturday, said the operation followed credible intelligence concerning
suspicious movements in the area.
According to him, the Commissioner of Police, Rabiu
Muhammad, directed the Divisional Police Officer, Makarfi Division, to lead a
patrol team, in collaboration with local vigilantes, to the location.
It said the security team came under fire from the suspected
kidnappers upon arrival, leading to a fierce gun duel.
“The team responded and engaged the assailants in a fierce
gun duel, forcing them to flee into the surrounding bushes with gunshot
injuries,” the statement said.
The police said a search of a house belonging to one Yakubu
Sule subsequently revealed that the building had been used as a hideout by
suspected bandits.
“Three recent kidnapped victims were believed to have been
held in the house,” the statement added.
The command said the victims were rescued unharmed and had
subsequently been reunited with their families.
A Boxer motorcycle suspected to have been used by the
kidnappers was also recovered from the premises.
0 Comments