VICTOR OSIMHEN claims Napoli treated him “like a dog' as he opens up about his contributions to the club




Wednesday, February 18 2026 - Galatasaray striker, Victor Osimhen has spoken candidly about his final months at SSC Napoli, claiming he was treated unfairly despite his contributions to the club’s success.

Osimhen played a key role in Napoli’s historic 2022/23 Serie A triumph under Luciano Spalletti, finishing as the league’s top scorer and helping the club secure its first title in over three decades. However, his performances dipped the following season amid growing uncertainty about his future.

Although the 27-year-old signed a contract extension in December 2023, he revealed there had been a prior understanding that he would be allowed to leave the club the next summer, an agreement he claims was not honored.

“We had a gentleman’s agreement that I could move the following summer, but it wasn’t fully respected,” Osimhen said in comments reported by Football Italia.

“They tried to push me in different directions — go here, go there. After everything I sacrificed to build my career, I couldn’t accept being treated that way. I’m not a puppet,” he added.

The Nigeria international eventually completed a €75 million permanent transfer to Galatasaray S.K. after an initial loan spell.

Osimhen also disclosed that Juventus F.C. showed serious interest in signing him in 2024. He confirmed that former Juventus sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli personally contacted him before talks with Galatasaray progressed.

“Yes, there was interest,” Osimhen said. “When Juventus come calling, you always listen. I spoke with people from the club, but I knew the Napoli president wouldn’t approve the move.”

Now thriving in Turkey, Osimhen has become a central figure for Galatasaray, registering 15 goals and three assists in 22 appearances as Okan Buruk’s side pursue a fourth straight league title.

Post a Comment

0 Comments