Ogun security guard kills man over phone theft allegations

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 -26-year-old security guard, Muhammed Abubakar, employed by a businessman (name withheld) in a building in the Ajaka area of Sagamu has allegedly killed an unidentified man over allegations that he attempted to steal Abubakar’s phone.

According to Punch,the fatal injury occurred when the suspect struck the crown of the victim’s head with a large plank. A source who spoke on condition of anonymity said a terrifying noise was heard from Abubakar’s post which prompted residents to report the incident to the Sagamu Police Division after suspecting foul play. According to the source, the division promptly responded to the distress call and dispatched Inspector Ojo Alasofe to accompany the residents to the scene for an investigation.

“We suspected something was wrong when we heard the noise. One resident was sent to the division to report the matter. The residents returned with a police officer. But when they got to the scene, they saw the deceased in the pool of his blood, gasping for breath.

The security guard was standing right beside him. When he was asked what happened, he said he was using his phone when the deceased suddenly appeared and snatched his phone from him. He said he gave him a hot chase and was nabbed with the help of another security guard, who grabbed the deceased from behind,” the source said.

The security guard was dragging the now-deceased suspect to his post, and a scuffle broke out between them which reportedly angered Abubakar, who then picked up a large stick and struck the deceased man on the head. As a result, blood began gushing from the deceased’s head after he screamed, drawing the attention of passersby who then called the police for help.

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson for the command, Omolola Odutola, said Abubakar had disappeared having suspected that the victim had died in the hospital where they rushed him for treatment following the incident.

“The victim was taken to a hospital called Live Well Hospital in Ajaka, Sagamu, for treatment but was unfortunately declared dead by a doctor on duty at about 9 p.m. on Monday. His corpse has been deposited at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital in Sagamu for presentation and identification. Meanwhile, Abubakar has absconded. Our men are working round the clock to have him apprehended.” he said

Post a Comment