Yobe university student dies in hostel fire incident

Sunday, March 24, 2024 
A fire incident at the female hostel of the Federal University, Gashua, in Bade Local Government Area of Yobe State, has led to the death of a three-hundred-level student of the Department of Geography. 

Executive Secretary of the Yobe State Emergency Management Agency, Mohammed Goje confirmed the incident. A student of the institution told Channels Television that the inferno started around 1 pm on Saturday, forcing the students to run for their lives; others were being evacuated to the specialist hospital in  Gashua for medical attention.

The cause of the fire incident is still sketchy, but some students suspect cooking gas might have caused it.

The incident happened exactly one month after a similar one razed down a female hostel at Yobe State University in Damaturu, the state capital.

Post a Comment